Saturday, April 29, 2006

Why

Why Am I Doing This?


I think I will use this blog to let people know what pisses me off. It will be about current events, and things that we encounter in our everyday lives... And by "WE" I mean many things:
  • Romanians,
  • students,
  • students in US colleges
  • foreign students in US colleges,
  • people that are interested in IR because it's incredibly fascinating, not b/c it sounds cool or they got nothing better to do,
  • people that want to make the world a better place
  • people from urban areas living a small towns
  • Europeans
  • Americans
  • haters of mediocrity, pesimism and self-limitation
  • and the list can go on and on...
As I said before, I will probably be all over the place, but eventually I think I will find some reason behind my madness... For now I just need to write things down. This way I won't go crazy by just talking to myslef. I will feel there is a dialogue... at least in my mind it will be. I hope this will keep me off the antidepressants... or other nice "candy" that people need when they go to school in such a small place...
I have started writting about a month ago, actually. One night, I was just crusing through HI5, a teen networking website, one of many others... like friendster, myspace or (probably the most succesfull in the long run, if not already) facebook. What is special about HI5 is that it seems cheesier, cheaper, more mediocre than any of the above mentioned. It is not that the people are necesarry stupider, but they seem to take out the WORST in them... thus the place would make anyone in their right mind puke their inside out after 10 minutes of browsing through people's profiles.
I, however, browsed for about an hour. My sickness was at such a high level, that something snapped. I felt the need to take out all the anger I was accumulating silently inside me, in order to prevent me from imploding...

The following posts will be made of bits and pieces from the HI5 anger period.

No comments: